Class: Intro to Reiki plus Animal Reiki Certification
Teacher: Cortney Martinelli
Duration: 6 hours
Class time: 9am - 3pm
Animal Reiki is a special adaptation to the traditional Reiki practice specifically for pets and other animals. It can offer pain and stress reduction techniques, with both a heart-centered and hands-on approach.
Reiki Level One certification is required before taking an Animal Reiki Certification. This training combines the two. You will recieve an abbreviated version of the SHINE Reiki Level One Certification along with the full Animal Reiki Certification. This class is intended for Animal Reiki practitioners.
Optional add ons:
- Pendulum to be used for chakra testing during class, if you do not already have a pendulum, purchase one as an add on or from another source before attending class.
- Book: Love, Reiki, Vibration - Optional resources with more information for Reiki students
Target audience for this course: Certification is designed for those who have animal companions, those who care for animals, those who work or volunteer with animals such as but not limited to veterinarian, shelters, groomers, animal trainers etc.
Setting expectations for students:
What is the focus of this certification: This training will start off with an introduction to Reiki as given in our Reiki Level One training. In addition, this certification class will give you the ability to take a more active role in animal health and well-being and strengthen your relationship to the animal companions in your life.
What key topics will be part of the training:
- Reiki Level One introduction (three levels, vibration, Reiki defined, using Reiki, meditation + self-care)
- Reiki Level One attunement
- Understand animal Reiki and how it is different from working with our human friends
- Steps to an Animal Reiki session
- Specifics for dying animals
- Work with animal chakras and how to test them prior to a session for guidance
- Understand and work with guardian relationships
- Learn about a special animal Reiki symbol
- Attunement to this animal Reiki symbol
Breakdown of training:
- 6 – Total time in hours including breaks
- 60% - Lecture, 20% - Discussion, 20% - Activity
Bring with you to class:
- lunch/snack and water
- Pendulum to be used for chakra testing (if you do not already have a pendulum, you may purchase one at the time of registration as a “add-on” to class).
Preregistration is required. A minimum of 8 students is required for this training. If the minimum is not met, the class will be cancelled at the discretion of the teacher. If SHINE cancels the event for any reason, students will have the option of a refund or to be moved to a future date.
Please note before committing to the class: If student cancels or decides not to attend the certification, class fees are non-refundable. Fee can be transferred to a different date if communicated at least 5 days in advance and if minimum class size is met. Processing fee applies.