Can I take Reiki Two training with you if I took Level One with another?
Yes! There are two prerequistes for taking Level Two training with SHINE:
1. Reiki Level One training at least one month prior
2. Required pre-read of Love, Reiki, Vibration prior to class
The book Love, Reiki, Vibration reinforces foundational concepts shared in Reiki Level One in the SHINE lineage. Therefore, we require this book as a pre-read so that everyone is at the same jumping off point at the start of Level Two training.
I live far away, can you recommend accomodations?
Since often times people travel long distances, or from out of state to attend our Reiki training classes, we are so happy to now offer affordable overnight accommodations for our students. If you would like to stay over night at the Light House, during your training, please use this link to secure your "bunk": https://www.shineakron.com/product-page/training-over-night-stay
Also, even if not traveling far, we recommend and offer this as an add-on for our Master training. This training is two full days and we recommend students stay the weekend with us to fully immerse themselves in the teachings.
For more information about these shared accommodations, contact Cortney at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do I have to take all three levels?
No, you do not. There are a total of three levels offered as part of this lineage and you can start with level one training and decide to further your education and spiritual development at any time through out your journey.
Do people normally take Master training so that they can teach Reiki?
We try to never talk in terms of "normal" since every situation and student is unique. But we get asked this question a lot and it's a good one to explore.
From our experience over the last decade, we notice that only a small percentage of Master students decide to teach. And even a smaller number, head in to Master training with the goal of teaching.
The Japanese term for Master training is Shinpinden, and it means "mystery teaching."
We believe that this is what attracts students to Master training; this desire to continually evolve and grow in their spiritual practice.
In Master training, you are attuned at the end of both days (twice) and as we learn in level one, attunements are invitations to grow spiritually. So, receiving these attunements are catalysts to growth. Along with the attunements, you are attuned to three additional symbols in Master training. These symbols can be used in your practice both with yourself and others and are definetly an added benefit to this level of training.
Master training is an expereince, a journey, not a destination that one acheives.
How long do I need to wait to move on to the next level of training?
Before level two:
We require at least one month between level one and level two training. As with everything, the timing is very deliberate. We believe that taking this time to get used to the Reiki energy is important before moving on to the more advanced conversations and techniques that are included in level two training.
Before master training:
We ask that you wait about 6 months before taking Master training after your level two class. We do believe that every student and every journey is unique. So, we like to remain open and flexible with our Master students.
The goal before Master training is two-fold:
1) gain experience needed so that if you decide to teach, you have a enough experience and knowledge to offer to your students
2) and more importantly, wait until you feel ready for the next level of spiritual growth on your Reiki journey
Because you are the only one that knows if and when you "feel ready" to take this next step, we ultimately leave the timing decision up to the student. We believe you know when you are ready. :)
If you have any questions about this timing, please don't hestitate to contact Cortney at email@example.com
Is there a discount offered if I sign up now for all three levels?
Yes, you can purchase the bundle program; which include all three levels of training + Student Kits.
The bundle will save you $160.
You can register for the bundle here: https://www.shineakron.com/product-page/reiki-training-bundle
How do I sign up for CE credits for Ohio nurses?
Our SHINE Reiki Training Program provides CE credit for professionals. This is an added benefit of our training programs, and this service is offered for an additional charge to the student of $25 per license.
These programs are designed to enhance and to be utilized in the practices of Nurses. It is the responsibility of the student to determine if their governing body will accept our program for CE credit.
4 CE credits are offered for both our level one and level two training course.
We ask that you purchase this license at least one week prior to attending class so that we can come prepared with the proper certificate.
Here is a link with all of the information: https://www.shineakron.com/continuing-education
What are the Student Kits; are they required?
Yes, the Student Kit is required and is $40 for each of the three levels.
The Student Kit is really part of the tuition, but because this course is taught by other teachers in other states and in partnership with yoga studios, we keep it separated out.
As of 2021*, the training course with the Student Kit comes to:
$180 (level one);
$240 (level two);
$590 (Master training)
Each kit includes a manual and then depending on the level it contains other resources (ie book, chakra testing pendulum, one-page resources).
Kits must be purchased prior to the day of class either as an "add on" at the time of registration or later on (but before the day of class) via our website.
If taking class with Cortney, kits are not mailed prior to class, instead they are handed out the day of class.
*Prices have only increased once in the last decade, however, price is not locked in until you register for class
I'm new to Reiki, what is required to take level one?
There is no requirements to take level one. In fact, if you are here, it is because you have been drawn to Reiki and this program/teacher for a very specific reason.
In our level one training, we teach all of the foundational information that you need. There is no need to prepare or "study" before hand, unless that is what you are drawn to do.
We trust that it will all unfold perfectly and uniquely for you.
However, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. You can contact Cortney at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is Reiki?
Reiki is an ancient Japanese healing art, preformed by "laying hands on."
The word Reiki comes from two Japanese words - Rei and Ki.
Rei meaning source, higher consciousness
Ki meaning the life force energy that animates us all
Therefore Reiki is loosely translated to mean "life force energy, guided by source."
Reiki is transferred from a Reiki Master to a student in an attunment process.
This attunment process is part of the Reiki training classes.
To explore content taught in each level,
please click this link.
Is this program the right fit for me?
We are glad you asked, its one of the most important questions we answer.
As you've probably heard before, "When the student is ready, the teacher appears"
We believe this. And we believe you are drawn to the teacher and the program that is perfect for you.
Here's a few things to consider when thinking about signing up for our program:
1) At the foundation of this program is the scientific teaching of Bruce Tainio and the concepts made so popular by Albert Einstein. We believe that everything is energy and vibration and this is where our story of Reiki begins in level one training.
2) Our goal with this program is to take esoteric concepts, such as Reiki and vibration and make them easily accessible to the every day person.
3) This program is rich in tradition. It has a foundation based from the traditional Usui lineage, but with a contemporary twist for the modern-day seeker. It will resonate deeply with the growing community of like-minded healers of this generation!
4) Our program has been vetted over the last decade. Cortney has been teaching for the last ten+ years; with over a thousand clients and over 600 Reiki certifications given over the years. Cortney also partners with many businesses, including 7 yoga studios to bring this training to their yoga community and teachers.
5) This program is comprehsive and meets students where they are on their journey. It is a mentoring program - meaning, Cortney works with each student differently depending on their ultimate goals. If your desire is to start a practice or teach, many opportunities exist to work along side Cortney to gain valuable experience.
6) As of May 2019, the SHINE Reiki Training Program is approved as a continuing nursing education activity for CE contact hours. This continuing nursing education activity was approved by the Ohio Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. (OBN-001-91).
7) We have outstanding customer reviews; see what our recent grads have to say by scrolling to the bottom of our webpage, or checking out our business on Google.
Here's what we really want you to know about us!
Our ultimate wish is for everyone to experience Reiki and become attuned to Reiki. We believe in empowerment and we believe everyone is their own best healer, so whether you take training with us or another, we are just glad to hear that you are interested!
If this program doesn't seem to be the right fit, we would be so happy to recommend another teacher that might serve you and your unique needs better.
What is a Reiki attunement?
One of my favorite definitions of attunement is "to bring into harmony."
And that is ultimately what is happening during the attunement process.
As a spiritual practice, an attunement is intended to connect a person more closely to their spiritual source and to open the flow of life current.
In Reiki, we refer to this life current as "ki" - it is the energy that animates us all.
Specifically, two things are happening during the attunement practice in a Reiki training class:
•First and foremost, the student is being connected to the Reiki source
•Also, alterations are being made in the student’s energy pathways to accommodate the changes needed for Reiki (ie to bring into harmony)
In level one training, we explore both in detail.